Monday, April 23, 2012

What video card is right for me?

I own a Dell Inspiron 153s with a M2N61-AX OEM motherboard made by ASUS and uses nVidia GeForce 6150 integrated graphics with the nForce 430i chipset, and has two PCI slots, one PCI-e X1 and one PCI-e X16 1.0a slot. Honestly I don't understand a word of this but I recently got a LCD HDTV and wanted to upgrade my PC to use HDMI so I decided to get a video card with a HDMI port however I know nothing about them whatsoever. I am looking for the best video card for me to get but I don't want to exceed $40, what would you suggest?



Thank you in advance for you're time/help.|||The best you'll do is a Radeon 6450. They can be found for about $40 on Newegg.|||What exactly are you using this video card for?



$40 will get you a terrible video card, if you want a halfway decent one I would recommend spending around the $100 mark. And how big is your monitor?



EDIT: I don't know why I got thumbed down, if you plan on playing any games, or your monitor's resolution is too high, a $40 video card is not nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment