Friday, May 4, 2012

Which is the better Graphics Card for a (HTPC) Home Theater PC - ATI Radeon 5570HD or GeForce GT 430?

Hi to everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to view and hopefully answer my question.



Ok I have almost finished building a basic PC to be used in our lounge as a Home Theater PC (HTPC), and the last piece of hardware I need is a Graphics card that can handle HD video and Blu Rays, nothing fancy it won't be used for any type of gaming, just surfing the web, downloading movies and play full HD videos.

The 2 cards I am looking at are low budget cards but they are both highly recommended for HTPC's and they are very similar in spec and price!

They are:



Asus GeForce GT 430 700MHz 1GB =

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-geforc…



- and -



Asus ATI Radeon 5570 HD 1GB =

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-ati-ra…



So my question is simple, which would you say is the better card for a HTPC??? Please let me know if your answer is based on reviews or if its based on your actual experience of using them.



Thanks everyone|||Nvidia GT430 is undoubtly the best Graphic Card. It very easily outperforms Ati 5570. I would certainly go with the GT430. I also have one and it performs exceptionally well. Go with it and enjoy your multimedia world. Its absolutely superb.|||Asus GeForce GT 430 700MHz 1 GB is the better Graphics Card for a (HTPC) Home Theater pc|||oh sorry I guess i didnt read the question right :P

No comments:

Post a Comment