Friday, May 4, 2012

I am purchasing a 32" flat panel LCD TV and patch my pc into it. What type of video card is needed ?

Is there any LCD TV better than another for running with a pc and is it possible to run an HDMI from PC to LCD?|||Yes



http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/972/three_hdmi_graphics_cards_tested_on_lcd_tv/|||Don't use a TV as a computer monitor unless the computer will be solely used as a media center. A TV does NOT make an acceptable computer monitor.



HDMI is basically just DVI with audio. There are adapters, but the TV will likely have DVI in anyway so you could just use that.|||I know Geforce 8000 series have hi-def capabilities not sure about conection maybe dvi and sound in out of the question|||I have done something similar. As far as I know there is not HDMI graphics cards and if there is they are mostly likely expensive.



What I have done is get a graphics card that has both DVI and VGA outputs so I can use it for multiple reasons and also dual screen. I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable to connect from computer to TV. The price for the cable varies. Cheap ones will work fine. Length of cable is something you should consider. I found a good 12 foot cable (I'm plugging it into a big screen). There are a lot of 4-6 foot ones out there too. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment